“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” ~ Helen Keller
This ideal of “better together” is fundamental to UNICEF Kid Power’s mission—and also how we operate as a team. While individually we have our own strengths, we know we can accomplish so much more, and do it better, when we combine forces and work together.
Before we introduce you to our core team — Jeanette, Melissa, Andrea, Kira and Allyson — we want to introduce you to our newest member: Coach Sunny.
Part-coach, part-principal, part-teacher, part-librarian, part-cheerleader. Full-time changemaker; sometimes rule-breaker. Mother, daughter, sister, caregiver, friend.
Coach Sunny is the best of all of us combined. She is the unified voice of our team. And she is your #1 advocate! She will always do whatever she can to make your work easier, your day a little brighter, and your load a little lighter. Coach Sunny is always here for you!
And now, the rest of the team….
* * * * *
MEET ALLYSON – Connector, Creator, and Cheerleader
- Childhood nickname: Allysunny
- Favorite subject: History
- Favorite book when I was a kid: The Mrs. Piggle Wiggle series and anything Roald Dahl
- Childhood hobby: Tap dancing, volleyball and swimming
- Best known around the office for: Running 100 miles
- Favorite way to earn Kid Power Points: Running & trying to keep up with my 4-year-old
- Motto: It hurts less when you smile!
- Shoutout to favorite teachers: Mrs. Morrill (4th Grade), Mr. Rothschiller (7th Grade Zoology), and Mr. Baird (Physics!).
MEET ANDREA – Education Expert, Global Guru, and Food Afficionado
- Childhood nickname: Ang
- Favorite subject: Social Studies and English
- Favorite book when I was a kid: The Giving Tree
- Childhood hobby: Hide-and-go-seek, bicycling with roller blades on
- Best known around the office for: Gourmet lunches brought from home
- Favorite way to earn Kid Power Points: Retracing steps after getting lost while wandering
- Motto: Be the change you wish to see, and be the light you were made to be!
- Shoutout to favorite teachers: Mr. Bambrick (5th grade), Miss Collins (10th grade)
MEET JEANETTE – Chief Strategist, Motivator and Kid Power Know-It-All
- Childhood nickname: J.P. (short for Jenny Pooh). [Permission to use limited to her mom.]
- Favorite subject: English Literature and History
- Favorite book when I was a kid: The Diary of Anne Frank
- Childhood hobby: singing, dancing and putting on shows
- Best known around the office for: (trying) to make everyone laugh
- Favorite way to earn Kid Power Points: Long walks around New York City’s beautiful and diverse neighborhoods
- Motto: “Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.” -Mark Twain
- Shoutout to favorite teachers: Sister Rosemary Wood (4th Grade) Ms. Libresco (11th Grade U.S. History)
MEET KIRA – Ace Organizer, Trick-or-Treater and UNICEF Maven
- Childhood nickname: Kiki
- Favorite subject: Science!
- Favorite book series when I was a kid: Nancy Drew
- Childhood hobby: Jump rope, skip-it, and swimming
- Best known around the office for: Sharing cute photos of her dog
- Favorite way to earn Kid Power Points: Walking said dog!
- Motto: Strive for equity
- Shoutout to favorite teachers: Dr. Schiller and Woody
MEET MELISSA – Master (Chef) of Tech, Data & All the Details
- Childhood nickname: Sa
- Favorite subject: English
- Favorite book when I was a kid: Where the Sidewalk Ends
- Childhood hobby: Skip-it, riding my bike, and making forts with the couch cushions
- Best known around the office for: Humming to myself without knowing it…
- Favorite way to earn Kid Power Points: walking around the city, yoga, the occasional run
- Motto: Meet the moment.
- Shoutout to favorite teachers: Mr. Robertson (3rd & 4th grade)