UNICEF Kid Power Holiday Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
1. Description of Sweepstakes
A holiday giveaway in which Mr.D, aka 3rd-grade teacher Joe Dombrowski, spreads a little holiday cheer to other elementary school teachers in his network with five free UNICEF Kid Power class kits.
By simply following both of us on Instagram, Facebook and/or Twitter social media platforms (“Platforms”), and tagging a friend you will be entered to have your school win a UNICEF Kid Power School Kit for participation this spring. Learn more about our UNICEF Kid Power Schools Program here.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with the Platforms, and any questions, comments or complaints should be directed to UNICEF USA, and not the Platforms.
The Sweepstakes is administered by U.S. Fund for UNICEF, doing business as UNICEF USA, with offices located at 125 Maiden Lane, New York, NY 10038 (“UNICEF USA”) (sometimes referred to as “Administrator”).
- To enter, you must be a teacher, administrator, or parent/guardian entering on behalf of a school with classrooms between 3rd and 5th grade.
- To win, you must be a school in the 50 states of the U.S. or the District of Columbia with the participating classroom in 3rd to 5th grade.
- THE SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, AND IS SUBJECT TO ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
- Employees of UNICEF USA, Joe “Mr.D” Dombrowski (“Mr.D”), their respective affiliated entities and their respective immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, stepchildren, stepparents, and siblings) or individuals living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win.
4. How to Enter
- You must like us (@TeachUNICEF) and Mr.D (@MrDtimes3) on one or more Platforms.
- Tag another friend/colleague in the comments of a @TeachUNICEF or @MrDtimes3 post promoting the Sweepstakes, and tell him/her why you think it’s important for kids to get involved with Kids Helping Kids initiatives.
- Both the likes and comments (items 1 and 2) must be posted between 08:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on Friday, December 8th, 2017 and 04:59 AM ET on Saturday, December 23rd, 2017 (the “Entry Period”).
- You may enter on all Platforms, but only once per Platform.
UNICEF USA reserves the right to determine inappropriate content, such as violence, hate speech, defamation, or pornography, and if any content is deemed by UNICEF USA to be inappropriate, the entry will be rejected and not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes.
You are responsible for any photo or other content that you post on the Platforms, including compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
A DONATION, PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND UPON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES.
Five (5) winners will each receive a UNICEF Kid Power School Program Kit. Receipt of a prize is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules.
6. Winner Selection
- Five (5) entrants will be selected at random on or about Wednesday, December 27th, 2017 from the eligible entries submitted during the Entry Period.
- Winners will be notified, via the Platforms through which their winning entry was submitted by @TeachUNICEF, on or about the same date as the selection.
- Each winner will receive for their school one (1) UNICEF Kid Power School Program Kit containing forty (40) UNICEF Kid Power bands for use by one or more 3rd to 5th-grade classrooms totaling thirty-five (35) or fewer students.
- Only one prize per person.
- Once contacted, winners must confirm acceptance of the prize within three (3) business days of notification, and provide the mailing address of the school by January 8th, 2018 unless notified otherwise. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within this timeframe, the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner as selected by the Administrator.
- Kits will be delivered to the school before March 2018 for participation in the UNICEF Kid Power Spring program. BY ACCEPTING THE PRIZE, EACH WINNER AGREES TO COMPLY WITH THE UNICEF KID POWER SCHOOLS PROGRAM RULES AND GUIDELINES, AND TAKE REASONABLE EFFORTS TO ENSURE PARTICIPATION OF THE WINNER’S SCHOOL DURING THE UNICEF KID POWER SPRING PROGRAM.
- Subject to winner verification, the decisions of the Administrator are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
7. Additional Terms and Conditions
- WINNING SCHOOLS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYING ALL APPLICABLE TAXES ON THE PRIZE, INCLUDING INCOME TAXES, IF ANY. The approximate retail value of the prize is $1,400.00.
- Entrants agree that personal data, including the name of the entrant and name of the school, may be used by the Administrator to verify the participant’s identity, postal address, and telephone number or to otherwise verify the participant’s eligibility to participate in the Sweepstakes. Participants have the right to access, review, rectify, or cancel any personal data held by Administrator by writing to UNICEF USA, Attention: UNICEF Kid Power Holiday Sweepstakes, 125 Maiden Lane, New York, NY 10038.
- Entry constitutes agreement with all of the foregoing rules and terms, and also constitutes permission to use each winner’s name, likeness, statements, quotes, testimonials, photographs, school name, grade level, and name of hometown for promotional purposes, including but not limited to posting of such information, on Mr.D’s and UNICEF USA’s websites and social media accounts, except where prohibited by law, without compensation to the winner. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in the entrant’s disqualification.
- Neither Mr.D nor the Administrator is responsible for:
- Lost, stolen, illegible, damaged, late, incomplete, or misdirected entries;
- Telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties; and
- Any condition caused by events beyond the control of Mr.D. or the Administrator which may cause the submitting of entries or the awarding of the prize to be disrupted or impractical of being completed.
8. Right to Cancel or Suspend Sweepstakes
- Administrator reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if an event beyond Administrator’s reasonable control (including, but not limited to, natural disaster, infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, trojan horses, denial of service attacks, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any technical failures) impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Administrator in its sole discretion.
- Administrator, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual (and his or her school) it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Administrator reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Administrator’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. An individual may not enter on behalf of another individual or transfer his or her entry to another person. An individual may be required to show proof of ownership of his or her account used to enter the Sweepstakes.
9. Winner’s List
For the name of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope before January 31, 2018 to: UNICEF USA, Attention: UNICEF Kid Power Holiday Sweepstakes, 125 Maiden Lane, New York, NY 10038.
10. Liability & Release
By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Mr.D, the Administrator and its affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees and its advertising, promotional and judging agencies (the “Sweepstakes Entities”) from and against any and all liability, injuries, loss, claim, damages, or cause of action (collectively, “Claims”) arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use, misuse or possession of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) human error or unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (e) injury or damage to persons, including death, or property (including computers) which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt, acceptance, use or misuse of any prize; or (f) injury or damage based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. Each entrant further agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (b) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorney’s fees; (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses; and (d) these Official Rules and all disputes shall be governed by the internal laws of the state of New York, without regard to principles of conflicts of laws, any disputes shall be resolved exclusively in the state or federal courts in the state of New York, and each entrant expressly consents to the jurisdiction of said courts and waives any objection thereto. Entrants hereby acknowledge that Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize. Winner assumes all liability for any Claims caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes or use or redemption of any prize by winner, and holds the Sweepstakes Entities harmless from any and all such Claims.
UNICEF USA is not responsible for telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties; and any condition caused by events beyond the control of UNICEF USA which may arise while participating in UNICEF Kid Power Schools Program. Schools accepting any prize assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in the Sweepstakes or use or redemption of any prize.